Medical and research staff at the Can Ruti Campus, once again among the world’s most prominent in the scientific field
The Can Ruti Campus and the healthcare and research teams of the different institutions that comprise it continue to prove, once again this year, to be a relevant node on a global scale in terms of scientific production and progress.
In this regard, nearly thirty professionals from the Hospital and the Germans Trias i Pujol Research Institute (IGTP), the Foundation for the Fight Against Infections, the IrsiCaixa AIDS Research Institute, and the Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute (IJC) have been included in a global list of scientists recognised for their significant impact through publications and citations.
This is the latest and most recent update of the Scopus database by Elsevier, a global publisher in the field of Medicine and Health Sciences. The list includes approximately 200,000 authors, accounting for 2% of the world's scientific workforce, who are recognised in two rankings: for their entire scientific career and for their impact in the past year.
In terms of their overall career achievments, the list includes the following names:
- Antoni Bayés, Clinical Director of the Germans Trias Heart Institute and Principal Investigator of the Heart Failure and Cardiac Regeneration Research Group (ICREC) at IGTP
- Esteban Ballestar, Head of the Epigenetics and Immune Diseases Group at IJC
- Pere Joan Cardona, Head of the Microbiology Service at the Hospital and Principal Investigator of the Clinical and Experimental Microbiology Research Group at IGTP
- Bonaventura Clotet, President of the Foundation for the Fight Against Infections and Director of IrsiCaixa
- Antoni Dávalos, former Clinical Director of Neurosciences at the Hospital and a member of the Neurovascular Research Group at IGTP
- Victoria Delgado, Head of the Cardiovascular Imaging Section at Germans Trias and Scientific Director of the Comparative Medicine and Bioimaging Center of Catalonia (CMCiB)
- Manel Esteller, Director of the Josep Carreras Leukemia Research Institute (IJC) and Head of the Cancer Epigenetics Group
- Magí Farré, Head of the Clinical Pharmacology Service and responsible for the Polyvalent Clinical Research Unit (UPIC) at IGTP
- Carlos Ferrándiz, former Head of the Dermatology Service
- Miquel Àngel Gassull, former Director of IGTP and an expert in inflammatory bowel disease
- Manel Monreal, former Clinical Chief of the Internal Medicine Service at the Hospital
- Manuel Perucho, former Director of the Predictive and Personalized Medicine Program at IGTP
- Josep-Maria Ribera, Head of the Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia Group at IJC
- Enric Carreras, Head of the Barcelona Endothelium Team (BET) at IJC
- Ciril Rozman, scientific founder of IJC
- Montse Sanchez-Cespedes, Head of the Cancer Genetics Group at IJC
- Fumiichiro Yamamoto, Head of the Immunohematology and Glycobiology Group at IJC
In terms of the influence of their work during 2022, the list repeats some of these names - Bayés, Delgado, Dávalos, Clotet, Monreal, Cardona, Farré, Ferrándiz, Sanchez-Cespedes, Ballestar, Ribera, Carreras and Esteller - but also introduces new ones:
- Jordi Barretina, current Director of the Germans Trias i Pujol Research Institute (IGTP)
- María Berdasco, Head of the Epigenetic Therapies Group at IJC
- Jaume Canet, former Head of the Anesthesia and Resuscitation Service
- José Manuel Carrascosa, Head of the Dermatology Service at the Hospital
- Josep Maria Llibre, Associate Medical Staff in the HIV unit at Germans Trias and a researcher at the Foundation for the Fight Against Infections
- Josep Lupón, Head of the Cardiology Service at the Hospital
- Oriol Mitjà, Head of the Infectious Diseases Section at the Hospital and Head of the Community Infection Control Strategies Section at the Foundation for the Fight Against Infections
- Roger Paredes, Head of the Infectious Diseases Service at the Hospital, Principal Investigator at IrsiCaixa, and Scientific Director of the Foundation for the Fight Against Infections
- Alejandro Vaquero, Head of the Chromatin Biology Laboratory at IJC
Ioannidis, John P.A. October 2023 data-update for 'Updated science-wide author databases of standardized citation indicators'. Elsevier Data Repository. 2023 Oct 4; Vol 6. DOI: 10.17632/btchxktzyw.6.